Oil and Gas
Posted 5 months ago
A leading Oil & Gas company is looking to hire a category specialist for its karachi office.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of sourcing strategies for procurement of OEM spares and specialty chemicals from local and foreign vendors.
- Identify alternate supply channels for category spend.
- Initiate and coordinate vendor pre-qualifications to enrich the Pre-qualified Vendor pool.
- Negotiating best commercial terms with suppliers.
- Timely issuance of orders.
- Expedite deliveries and manage close coordination with Finance and Customs Clearances.
- Performance evaluation of suppliers.
- Maintenance of essential data for KPI monitoring
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in sourcing / category management in energy / petrochemical / oil & gas sector
- MBA with specialization / certification in Supply Chain.
- SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Ariba Power User with hands on experience in implementation / rollout.
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Specialist or similar role.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
Should not exceed 35 years.