A leading Textile Company is looking to hire IT Manager/Sr IT Manager for its Karachi office.
- Manage the development activities for Interfaces, Data Migration, Reports, Output Documents and unit test
- Provide detailed task planning, effort estimation and progress tracking to the project manager for all development related activities and ensure the development team delivers to project plans.
- Hands-On/leading/management, system administration platforms/tools, information security,firewalls, Network configurations, Infrastructure layout/design, troubleshooting, technical support, communication system, ticketing system, surveillance system vendor interaction, sizing & estimations etc.
- Actively participate in risk management and change management on projects.
- Direct and oversee both onshore and offshore developers ensuring the prescribed development best practice processes are followed, and all deliverable are completed to the required (high) quality.
- Work with functional leads to ensure the technical solutions are fit for purpose.
- Assist in defining and optimizing simple yet effective business processes and drive change within the organization through negotiation and consensusbuilding
- Provide hands on implementation and post implementation support utilizing prescribed software design life cycle techniques and system documentation techniques.
- Monitors network utilization and performance, implements procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Review current processes for Improvement Opportunities and Implementation
- Build long term relationships with outside vendors for IT related products and services
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Overseeing and determining time frames for major IT projects including system updates and upgrades
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Oracle databases and their accompanying software
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
BACHELORS OR MASTER’S DEGREE IN A COMPUTER FIELD.