A leading “Solar Energy Company” in Kenya is urgently looking for a “Technical Manager” with 5+ years of experience of the renewable industry.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Technical Manager is a core part of our senior team, leading and managing on renewable energy project development, design and engineering a range of projects, from residential to large scale commercial projects for clients, ensuring compliance with technical and safety guidelines.
You will be working from electrical specifications, energy reports and plans to ensure electrical
installations are carried out to the highest standards. You will be required to attend site surveys and system commissioning tests when necessary, and train and supervise on these tasks with Direct Reports
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- EPRA T3 licensed, or local equivalent
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in renewable energy,
- CAD and PV design experience
- Strong organization, leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving, communication/listening skills
- Result oriented, capable to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Project management skills
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Driving License
- Prepare high level engineering design and technical feasibility reports on C&I renewable energy projects
- Lead in the preparation of technical proposals and/or cost estimates for renewable energy projects, ensuring efficient and cost-effective design on solar installations, presenting to clients as necessary
- Finalize the contractual and as-built designs and drawings for every project
- Review compliance of design against client’s requirements, contractor’s proposals, and budget.
- Developing and/or coaching junior engineers on proposals and bids for new projects, including tenders, outlining design requirements and costs.
- Finalize preliminary and final BOQ for project procurement planning, coordinating with procurement, commercial and financial teams.
- Acts as point of escalation for clients and team, providing regular guidance to direct reports assisting with general queries and questions
- Providing Sales / Business Development teams with technical expertise.
- Gain an understanding of the market in order to keep company processes at the forefront of the market.
- Offer training and demonstration to staff members and potential clients to show them the benefits of company products.
- Staff Development – Develop capabilities of Solar Engineers on design guidelines and implementation
- Health and Safety – Promote, adhere to and ensure Health & Safety guidelines, standards and procedures are followed, ensuring good standards of onsite health and safety.
- Management of the department – Lead the implementation and improvement of overall procedures and policies of the technical desk